This page documents the on-chain governance procedure of Kulupu.
Process[edit | edit source]
The majority of the governance process happens as referendum, ensuring that the network only enact changes when the majority of the stakeholders agree. Two assisted groups are also elected by stakeholders to deal with issues such as identity and emergency hard forks. They are the council and the technical committee.
Referendums[edit | edit source]
- Referendum No. 0: A no-op referendum that writes an on-chain remark, with text "The New Era of Kulupu". Passed.
- Referendum No. 1: Sky Island 68 runtime upgrade. Passed and executed.
- Referendum No. 2: Red Coast Base runtime upgrade. Passed and executed.
- Referendum No. 3: Seeker Camp runtime upgrade. Passed and executed.
- Referendum No. 4: Reduce block reward to 54 KLP at block 200000 (24 Sep, 2020). The previous block reward was 60 KLP. Passed.
- Referendum No. 5: Red Gate runtime upgrade. Passed.
- Referendum No. 6: Set the voluntary taxation rate to 20%. The previous rate was 0%. Passed.
- Referendum No. 7: Emergency referendum tabled to fix an issue in Kulupu’s scheduler runtime module. Fixed and passed.